AC NOT COLD ENOUGH

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 350,000 miles

Why wont my AC blow out cold air on the high way? Or evin when the engine is above 2500rpm?

Bmagardo

Maybe low on charge

Docfixit
Its at the right level. A mechanic friend charged it up. He said it has something to do with the high side. Any ideas?

Bmagardo
Will need low and high side readings to diagnose

Docfixit
Normal readings in idle. Goes through the roof at high speeds.

Bmagardo
Then there is possible blockage or cooling system fault. Does low side go towards 0? Try spraying water on condensor see if high side drops and it cools. Also is fan clutch engaging?Ie. Is it hard to turn fan when engine hot?

Docfixit
Maybe an Air Flow issue?

Maybe evaporator or heater core has "Crap" stopping up their fins?

Other vehicles I have dealt with, I was able to access them, clean them with "Purple Power" and flush with lots of water. Wah-Lah! Air Flow!

Even the Squirrel cage fans get stopped up, the fan not is not blowing to full capacity (I clean the fan "Dry", with a tooth brush.)

This is pics of my Mom's '86 Ford Thunderbird-The fins are actually dirtier than they look-the fan is really caked!

Let me know if this helped at all, my picture taking was not in vain!

The Medic