WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF THE PARKING BRAKE SWITCH?

1996 GMC Jimmy • 175,000 miles

Just bought this Jimmy & replaced leaking brake lines, both rear brake cylinders and one front caliper with pads on boith sides but pedal is still a bit "mushy", but vehicle stops well. Is this "mushiness normal for a Jimmy. Also the brake warning light is still on & since I replaced all the above, bled system completely, I wanted to check the parking brake switch, but can't find it. Thanks for your help

Stoneyb

The parking brake switch is on the unit where the parking brake pedal is located. As far as the brakes, make sure the rear brakes are properly adjusted. If they aren't, you will get a soft pedal. Make sure the brake fluid is full, there are no leaks. If you still have a soft pedal, it could be a rubber brake hose expanding when you depress the brake or a weak master cylinder.

Thank you jacobandnickolas for suc a quick response. I removed the master cylinder cover & steped on brake & saw no bubbles just fluid squirt up. I was told that was how I should test the master. Is this correct & would you say the master cylinder was good. The rear brake shoes showed some wear & a chip on one side so I will replace them & make sure they're sdjusted. Again thank you so much for your response.

Stoneyb