HOW DO YOU DIAGNOSE IF THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE IS GOOD IN A ?

1996 Geo Tracker • 165,000 miles

How do you diagnose if the transmission control module is good in a 1996 geo tracker?
Pruden_mark@yahoo.com

Is it throwing out code/s when you scan it? If not then there's no problem

Yes it is throwing a code of P0740 and the torque converter is not locking in. At 70mph it's running 4,000rpm

Start by checking the TCC solenoid-Be advised stay in one thread-been watching you-

Not understanding your answer. "Be advised stay in one thread-been watching you-" what does that mean?

You're reposting with the same problem stay in your original post

I am on the same topic. Go through the response, you asked me if it was throwing a code and I answered yes and told you what the code number was. I am asking how you test the torque converter clutch solenoid. As you will see that was my original question and done nothing but answer your questions

What is this: Where Is The Transmission Control Module Located On Tracker? Above says how to diagnose it- doing this gets the experts confused is to what you want answered-

Go to this link: How to troubleshoot torque converter clutch solenoid

Thank you very much that was helpful. Sorry for any confusion.

Np and your welcome