FORD RANGER ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

1996 Ford Ranger • 999,999 miles

My battery light came on and the gauge was on low I had it check and it was good I had my alternator check and it was bad I got a new one put it on now my battery light is still on and the gauge is still on low but now when I crack it, it runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off. Hope you can help me nobody else can THANKS
Den1219

Sounds like the same question I already posted a reply to charge the battery get a multimeter to do some testing and I will help you figure it out. Then post your reply to this question and don't start a new question asking the same question again. We need to tested all the power inputs to the alternator the ad alternator probably damaged the fuse or fuse able link to one of the power feeds into the alternator.

How do I test the power inputs and were is the fuse that feeds the alternator

Den1219
You test them with a multimeter or test light do you have one of those? Also which engine do you have?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH but I found the problem it turn out to be my fuel pump went bad, I didnt have any problems with it but for some reason it just went bad I got new one now my truck is running great, Thanks for all your help if I have any more problems at least I know were to go I will let my friends know about your web site
Thank you again denise

Den1219
The only part that sounded anything like bad fuel pump was the only running for 10 seconds. The rest of your description sounded like the new alternator wasn't charging. Glad to hear you got it fixed though also your welcome that's what were here for.