HAVING ENGINE POWER PROBLEMS WITH MY EF HAVE REPLACED LEADS AND PLUGS NEW EXHAUST AND CAT FUEL FILTER THERMO N HOUSING BUT MY CAR SEEMS TO STRUGGLE TO REACH 60KS N UP ANY AND IF IT GETS TO THAT SPEED IT'S A LONG TIME RATHER THEN THE QUICK NORM

1996 Ford Futura • 244,973 miles

To drive from stationary it takes a good 2-3 ks before it reaches speed of 60ks then struggles to go any faster or takes a fair time to reach the targeted speed have checked the accelerator cable and there is no play am at a loss to what else it could be
Troubling EF

Sounds like an ignition timing advance issue.

Fixitmr
How do I fix that Problem with the ignition timing

Troubling EF
As I do all my own work on the car is it something I can fix or is it something that needs specific timing equipment

Troubling EF
Auto or stick?

Fixitmr
It s a Auto

Troubling EF
When did it start doing this?

Fixitmr
I've only just bought it a month ago was owned by an old woman that's constantly kept it up to date with services but she loaned it to a friend a month prior to myself buying it and thats how it came back as the lady couldn't afford to fix the problem decided to sell it have no other problems except lack of power pick up

Troubling EF
When I went over the car after buying looking at (door boot seals bushes things like that ) it seemed to me it had been sitting for awhile due to the built up of spiderwebs and spiders in and on and under the car

Troubling EF
What motor is it?

Fixitmr
Standard 6 cylinder originaNal

Troubling EF
Page 1 of 2