HORN SYSTEM CIRCUIT

1996 Ford Contour • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have ford contour 1996 GL, and my horn is not work, is off, I tested the fues, wires and cables, is good, what is another problem in thes case?
thanks
Ahmedfares

If you do not hear the relay click when you press the button, a good suspect is the clock spring. That is a wound-up ribbon cable in a plastic housing under the steering wheel.

If the relay does click, suspect defective horns.

Did you use a voltage tester at applicable fuse? Even if the fuse is good, no voltage and the circuit is dead. Usually the problem is in the steering column. That wiring is usually ground for the horn.

Apply power to the horn itself and see what happens if okay check the horn relay okay you're right back to the steering wheel/clock spring

Thaks for all
is the earbag in the steerign wheel cause that broblem? Can I fix the broplem if the steering wheel cause that?

Ahmedfares
If diagnosis suggests the clock spring is defective, you'll need a steering wheel puller to remove it to get to that part, after removing the air bag.

Doc- were all bouncing heads today-what's with the early warning signal on us before we answer it-is it working or what? I don't see it-I don't like steeping on peoples toes-

No need to apologize. We're all posting over each other. Sometimes two or three heads are better than one.

Remove the bag assy. And see if the connection is loose. If no remove the pad and use a test light to probe the horn spring hole if the horn blows its in the pad if no horn go to the turn sigmal switch connector at the base of the column and probe the connector when you probe the horn wire you will hear the horn and relay sound. That mean its in the column. Gl

Cadieman
If its me- I'll do a John Wayne style on it- use a push button and wire the horn direct-too! Old for all that stuffs/time

Thank you very much for all

Ahmedfares