HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT FIXING THIS AND WHAT DO YOU THINK?

1996 Dodge Neon • 70,000 miles

My girlfriend's Neon has a very common issue. She and I are driving along and out of nowhere, the whole intrument panal dies. Every guage is inoperational for about a minute then it all becomes operational again. It's very random and irritating. It's not just the speedometer, its the whole panal. The battery is new and I have checked the fuse. What must I do to fix this?

I also have another question, the car is due for an emissions test and the tabs are long over due because it sat for years, with the new battery the computer had been reset. How do I need to drive it to reset it and how long do you recommend?
Ryan2638

The cluster may be failing. It needs to be confirmed by a shop who can acess the dash.

Drive cycles are very specific ways of driving car. The chances of you settings the monitors is a crap shoot. Look on google for the procedure. You may or may not set them.