NOT GETTING POWER TO ANYTHING AFTER RECONNECTING BATTERY. COULD A RELAY OR FUSE BE PROBLEM? WHERE SHOULD I LOOK?

1996 Chevrolet S-10 • 80 miles

I recently replaced my alternator after experiencing low voltage and loss of power while driving (battery light and abs light come on and radio speakers began to "thump, thump"). I was able to jump start to move about 15 feet from my original breakdown location but truck died quickly when I tried to accelerate. So, I replaced the Alternator (remanufactured AC Delco)with no trouble. I reconnected battery and I have no power to anything. I am not getting power to Headlamps or dash cluster. No Fuel Pump power or anything! I tried to boost start using another vehicle with no success.
I have tested the battery, is ok @ 15v. The Battery Terminals are very clean with no curosion. I tested the Positive(+) cables coming from battery to and from Alternator and all seem to be getting power (15v). Its a 96 S-10 and I do not think I have a fuse panel under the hood but all interior fuses appear good (visual inspection only)

Bull

Check the small negative wire where it bolts to the body to be sure it's clean and tight.

Next, grab your voltmeter or test light and start at the battery, then work your way to the body on the negative side and the starter motor on the positive side. You're looking for the first place you lose voltage. GM also likes to use the large starter terminal to tap off with fusible links for the other circuits, (unless there is an under-hood fuse box). It's not likely a fuse link burned open from jump-starting but one of them could be corroded off.

When you do have an under-hood fuse box, the smaller positive cable going to it often works loose. Clean and tighten that connection.

Thank you caradiodoc! I located anf fixed the problem! Truck is running again!

Bull
What did you find?