IS THER 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF 4T60E TRANSMISSIONS FOR THE Z34 3.4 LTRE

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 27,500 miles

I boughta used transmission, put it in and only reverse and 1st. Took it to a tranny shop and had it rebuilt, put it back in and still same problem, by advise of the tranny shop I put in a new ECM, and still just reverse and 1st. Could I have the wrong transmission? And how can I tell the difference? Thanks for any help,
Critterfoot
Critterfoot

Hi, Critterfoot and TY for using 2carpros

Try scanning the computer for code/s if any present comeback with it-

NOTE: Stored DTCs may be retrieved from PCM memory using a factory recommended Tech 1 scan tool or aftermarket scan tool. DTCs CANNOT be retrieved by grounding 16-pin Data Link Connector (DLC). Plugging scan tool into DLC, located under instrument panel, enables user to read DTCs and check voltages in system on serial data line.

There's no other transmission than the 4T60E on those vehicles

I took the car to a chevy dealership and had them program the computer and no codes now but still wont shift, someone there said something about a trans fuse? They didnt know where it would be or how it was labeled since the car is so old, any suggestions? ( I know before someone says it a dealership didnt know? Yeah I live in a rural area of tennessee nothin is close and the local gm dealer has been here for yrs, no older mechanics there. If someone could tellme where the trans fuse would be located and what its labeled as I would appreciate it thanks, critterfoot

Critterfoot
These is all the fuses that's involved with the transmission