CHEVROLET CORSICA SPARK PROBLEM

1996 Chevrolet Corsica • 128,000 miles

Crank no start.
I was driving down the road idled at a stop light 1/8 of a tank. And it died. No it won't start. I pulled it to the side of the road put a gallon of gas in it. (New car to me so I figured the gage maybe off and I was just outa gas) still, crank no start. What's the problem? More importantly how do I fix it?

What about your security, where applicable? Also, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. If all that checks out, check for applkicable trouble codes. To check codes yourself, at the least you need an obd2 code reader. Your local autostore should have one.

JDL sounds about right to me. With an 1/8th tank you may have trash sucked up to your in tank filter screen. Never let your tank go below 1/4 for best performance, check the fuel pressure and go from there.

Ironman1959