WONT ACCEPT FUEL

1996 Chevrolet Blazer • 140,000 miles

I went to go put fuel in my suv the other day and it wouldn't accept it. It took about 5 minutes to get a little over a gallon of gasoline. It kept clicking off. I had to slowly put the fuel in. If I went to quick it would start to over flow. I got my vehicle home thankfully I live about a block away from the station. Once I parked the car I got out and noticed the smell of gasoline. I looked under the vehicle and noticed it leaking fuel from the purge valve that sits above the spare tire. I have been doing some reading online on what to do but it just got me more confused then before.
Noob319

The tank vent system is not working, there is a number of items that can cause this from a faulty purge valve, Blocked canister electrical problem damaged purge lines, best to get a mechanic to go over the system for you.

Mhpautos