CHEVROLET BERETTA STARTER PROBLEM

1996 Chevrolet Beretta • 200,000 miles

I recently canged a leaking fuel injector on my 96 Beretta and now it wont turn over. It only clicks. I checked the starter and replaced the battery. I dont know if there is soething that is common with type of car.
Ernestbarrett

Just in case, check the wiring connector at the injector, make sure nothing is shorted. Use a digital multimeter, make sure battery has a full charge. Make sure all battery connections are clean and tight on both ends. Any applicable trouble codes? On some vehicles when battery voltage is lost, the vehicle may go into theft lock.

I didn't see a security system that would keep the vehicle from starting. Did you try cranking in neutral? The purple wire at the starter solenoid, should be hot with key in the crank position. Any testing at the starter make sure tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. Wouldn't hurt to block the wheels. Note the diagram.

I just changed the starter and I went and bought a brand new battery. I had them check it in front of me to be sure that it is fully charged. I checked the wire harness at the injector and all was fine. All of the wireing to the starter is tight. The only thing I can think of is. After I changed the injector my buddy tried starting it befor I had the chance to hook the air filter and all of that back up. So the intake had no hoses hooked to it and it made a funny sound and it wouldnt start after that.

Ernestbarrett
Even if the starter is good, you need to check wiring circuit to starter for voltage. That's why I gave you the wiring diagram.