96 STALLS IN DRIVE BUT RUNS FINE IN IDLE AND REVERSE.

1996 Cadillac STS • 125,000 miles

96 STS Stalls in drive but runs fine in idle and reverse. I have spent all of my money fixing the plenum/intake manifold, , oil sensors, replacing the stolen cat convertor with staight pipe and o2 sensors, a more powerful battery, water pump, $1200 so far, everything the mechanic stated would fix it. It started with it stalling every once in a while to all the time to now everytime you put it in drive. I am lost I dont know what to fix next and I have no more money to waste. I am now without a car in the middle of nowhere. With 2 small kids and no ride thank you.
Ggatica

I would start by checking the idle air control valve and for vacuum leaks. If the check engine light is on, have the computer scanned to identify trouble codes. Also, check fuel pump pressure. Refer to our homepage under the DIY section for directions.