TIRE NOISE

1996 Cadillac Deville • V8 FWD Automatic • 180,000 miles

I have a 96 cadillac deville and everytime I go over 46 mph I hear a thumping noise what could it be? I have check to make sure my lug nuts are all tight and that my wheel weights are there.
not sure what else to check
i also hear a whirring type of noise everytime I drive it from my front drivers side wheel. Any idea what that is my guess is the axle
Donald_1987

Sounds like a rear hub bearing. You should have replaced both by now. Whriling could be the axle. Or in the brakes does it change when u apply brakes? Also remove the hubcap and test drive goodluck

Cadieman
If the noise changes as you sway the vehicle left and right, it could be faulty hub bearings in the front, on either, or both sides.

Factoryjack
Continuous thump noise can you tell if it's front or back? I would suspect wheel/tire for loose or balance or bulge.

Fixitmr
You could have someone follow you on road and inspect wheels/tires for problems. The 1 that jumps/bounces around on smooth road whoop! Ther it is.

Fixitmr