BATTERY CONNECTION

1996 Cadillac Deville • V8 FWD Automatic • 30,000 miles

My 1996 cadillac deville made a noise while making a left hand turn and then a mile or 2 later a message came up that my battery was not charging. The car continued to run but I lost the power steering. Any idea what came loose?
Pat2459

Sounds like you lost your drive belt for a reason that you will still have to determine.

Wrenchtech
In the event I need to replace the drive belt what is the approximate cost to do so?

Pat2459
If you lost the belt, then you have worse problems than just a belt. Something would have caused it to come off and that needs to be determined.

Wrenchtech
U prob. Throw the belt. But it I poss. That the water pump pully fell off

Cadieman
There are many different possibilities to throw the belt off like bad tensioner, idler pulley, A/C compressor, alternator, air pump, harmonic balancer, etc.

Wrenchtech
This is true but caddy had a bad problem with their water pump pullys just falling off.

Cadieman
This is a Northstar. The water pump is on the other end of the engine, not even driven by the main belt.

Wrenchtech