ACURA RL HOOD PROBLEM

1996 Acura RL • 180,000 miles

My car has been making a rattling noise under the hood the past few days and after work on the way home the noise got even louder and then stalled on me. Luckily I was on a regular street. Anyway, I opened the hood and seen that my steering fluid cap is missing and fluid is almost gone. Besides the missing steering fluid cap it looks like a wire of some sort near the timing belt is just dangling. I'm not sure if its supposed to just hang like that or someone tampered with my car. It was in a train station parking lot for most the day.
Flysouthfilms1

Can you post a pic of the wire and the exact location, bit hard to say with out some visual referance.

Mhpautos
I had a friend take me back to the car, from what he could tell the timing belt popped off. We could hear stuff turning but the car wouldn't start ofcourse. Since its dark we could not see to well but when starting the car there was no more noise except the parts under the hood spinning. I tried to look for the belt in street since it was a quiet side street but was unable to find it.

Flysouthfilms1