CRANKING A CAR... AFTER 6 YEARS

1996 Acura Integra • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 82 miles

I have recently moved back to the States after living overseas for the last 10 years. I have a '96 Integra GS-R that has been parked (inside) and basically untouched for the last 6 years. What precautions should I take before starting the engine? My main concern is regarding the crank and cam bearings. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Almost Tokyo

You could pull sparkplugs and crank engine over 30 seconds or so a few times to get oil up into engine bearings.

Fixitmr
Should I pull the plugs so there is no compression or would disconnecting the coil have the same effect? Thanks.

Almost Tokyo
Pull plugs so starter does not overheat from compression resistance.

Fixitmr
Also increases oil pump spin speed so oil gets thru engine faster/more volume.

Fixitmr
Okay, I understand. Thank you. Would it be a bad idea to put a few drops of oil into each cylinder? And what about the fuel and fuel line? I used 93 octane but still it is 6 years old. Does fuel go bad?

Almost Tokyo
Yes I would squirt like w-d40 product into cylinders. Because it is a lubricant that is a penetrent/dispersant and also is easily combustible. How much fuel is in it? I mean ideally you should drain tank and add new. But I have added new gas to old and it was fine.

Fixitmr
Fuel level? Uncertain at this point. I bought a battery last week, still haven't installed it. Thanks for your help. Good ideas. I may have more questions as I try to revive my old car. Just curious, does the "donation" go directly to you or do you only get a percentage and the benefit of knowing you help people out?

Almost Tokyo
I think it's usually divided up unless someone specifically asks to have it all go to the specific helper. Thanks

Fixitmr
Hello, again. When I connected a new battery, the parking lights flash on and off for about 15 seconds before stopping - not sure what that is. I turn the ignition and get no response (no clicking, no dimming of lights). I'm thinking the starter solenoid switch, but is there a reason for the lights flashing? Thanks.

Almost Tokyo
Oops, unexpected problems? You can check for 12v at solenoid from key switch.

Fixitmr
Page 1 of 2