I HAVE HAD MY 2.3 NON- TURBO STATIONWAGON ALIGNED TWICE THIS WEEK, HAD THE TIRES ROTATED BUT THE CAR STILL PULLS TO THE RIGHT. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

1995 Volvo 940 • 250,000 miles

I have fairly new tires, they are all good, no belts are shifting on any of them, the mechanic has a state of the art alignment machine, but after aligning it twice it still pulls to the right.
Burningfire

What are the readings?
Positive camber on the right and negative on the left will cause it to pull to the right.
Toe readings are important. A tiny amount of toe in on the left and toe out on the right can cause it to pull.

Tire pressures set properly and evenly?

Possibly brake caliper on the right hanging up.

Rivermikerat
Thanx, I'm going to check the caliper and the pressure, and see if that does the job. If not I'm going to another mecanic here in town, and if he fixes it, I'm sending the bill to the first place I took it to.

Burningfire
That's a good idea. You might also check with your state's automotive repair bureau for complaints. Mentioning a complaint with the bureau to the first shop may help speed up them paying you back for the work the second shop does.

Rivermikerat
I really appreciate you guys taking interest in me and my problem. Being disabled, I no longer drive, my wife does it all, so we are going to have to get all the miles we can from the Volvo. We are shooting for the million mile mark. Thanx

Burningfire
Our pleasure. Be sure to tell your fiends about us.

Rivermikerat
You can bet I will.

Burningfire
You might want to tell some of the folks you help that need parts, there is a site on the net called RockAuto. Com, they sell quality replacement parts for the fraction of what the other guys want, ie: I bought Monroe dampers for the hatch of my Volvo wagon for $ 11.28 each. Everyone else wanted $ 30.00 plus for the same part. Just passing it along

Burningfire
We do, especially for the expensive stuff. Thanks. : )

Rivermikerat