RADIO CODE TO UNLOCK RADIO

1995 Volkswagen Passat • 127,000 miles

WHAT IS MY RADIO CODE FOR MY 1995 VW PASSAT VR6 GLX RADIO #VWZ5Z7S0727442, VIN #WVWEE8EA2SE197124, and hw do I put it in?
Daviddlw

That's a big "got'cha" that was designed in by the insane engineers. From everything I've been told about Volkswagen radios, if YOU don't know the code, the dealer will be more than happy to sell you a new radio. Even they have no way to get the code. You can try asking at the dealership to verify that. If they can get a code for you, it won't be for free. Volkswagen and General Motors are two of the best companies at separating you from your money after the sale.

I work at VW.

Pull the radio out. Give me the SERIAL #. It'll most likely start with "VWZ."

I can access your code with that information.

F4I_guy
Thank you F4I_guy. Do you work for a dealership or for the manufacturer? Any chance you can get radio service manuals for me?

I'm just a technician. I have access to all their online manuals, however it's only by username/password.

F4I_guy
You're "just" a technician? That means you have WAY more common sense than the guys who design cars.