CLUTCH PEDAL GOES TO THE FLOOR

1995 Volkswagen Passat • 16,800 miles

Clutch pedal was going to the floor, inspected release bearing and leaver because there was no resistance. Replaced the clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. Re installed every thing still have the same problem. The release rod is all the way in and the release lever does not push on it because its all the way in the same problem as I started with?
Williammillhollin

Is it a cable or hydraulic clutch pedal?

Cable it was replaced first.

Williammillhollin
Did you adjust it properly for about an inch of freeplay?

Yes but it goes to the floor and stays there, the release rod that goes to the throw out bearing is in to far and the clutch release leaver is not pushed back into place so there is no presure on the clutch its like the clutch is pushed in. Thought that replacing the clutch would fix it but its the same.

Williammillhollin
Is the clutch release lever snaped on to the ball stud properly?

Sounds like he has a different setup than you are thinking of.

Exovcds
Is the clutch engaged or disengaged, what happens if you try and push it in gear?

Mhpautos
Sorry didn't get back was trying a couple things, then distracted with dinner ect. Yes this system, has a clutch lever on the end of the trans, with a release bearing at the end of the trans, then a rod that goes down the center of the main shaft to a plate on the clutch. I figured it would be a standard stick system when I took on the job. And that after it wasn't the cable that it had a fork in the trans but it didn't. It has a rod and lever system
I going to hook every thing up and see what happens next, other than taht got to pull it6 all back out.

Williammillhollin
Thank you exovcds, lots of good info, found an cracked actuation finger, witch was most likely the whole problem to begin with. Will try to fix and try it.

Williammillhollin
Page 1 of 2