WHAT IS THE INTERIOR PART THAT COVERS THE BOLTS FOR THE OUTSIDE MIRRORS CALLED?

1995 Toyota Tacoma • 210,000 miles

I recently put tweeters in my truck so I cut out a hole on the triangle shaped cover that goes over the back of the mirrors. This is referring to the drivers and passengers mirrors and not the rear view. The cover is in the interior and is a seperate part from the door panel. I drilled the hole to size and put the tweeter in but did not account for depth. The hole was not deep enough to put the tweeter in so I need to get replacement covers and find a new place to mount the tweeters. Thanks
T.dranow

Go back to the stereo store and tell them you need 1 inch spacers for your tweeters. And screws that are 1 inch longer as well.

You need those tweeters. Great choice on location. Make sure the wires don't get pinched, though.

Rivermikerat
Thanks. Do you happen to know what the triangle cover is called in case the spacers don't work? The space between the door and the dash is very limited.

T.dranow
Not sure. I'd call them interior mirror covers.

There should be enough room at the very top corner of the cover piece.

Rivermikerat