I TOOK MY CAR IN FOR AN OIL CHG. HENCE I DROVE 400 MILES B4 I REALIZED MY OIL MY OIL WAS LEAKING. I RETURNED THE NEXT MORNING. THEY SAW THAT THE OIL PLUG WAS NOT TIGHTEND FROM THE PREVIOUS MORNING. THEY THEN TIGHTEND THE PLUG ADDED OIL. AND SAID MY ENGINE

1995 Toyota Celica • 290,000 miles

Oil plug was not tight while I drove 400 miles. I returned to the shop. The car was leaking oil. After 2000 miles of driving my car threw a rod. Shop insists it was "Isolated bearing Failure" I this possible If the engine was in the best condition?
Glosflowers

How much oil did it leak out?

2 quarts. The car had a small knock but quickly went away The engine threw a rod less than 2000 miles later. Firestone states that "Isolated Bearing Failure". Knowone seams to want to confirm that. Cant find anything on the internet

Glosflowers
You wont find anything on the internet.

2 qts in a 4 qt system is pretty low but there is sufficient oil to lube the motor.
Thats assuming that they told you the truth.

At this point, it will be very difficult to prove anything considering the amount of miles you went till the failure.

I am sorry, but I dont think you have a case here.

The inspector says if it was due to lack of oil all of the pistons would be damaged. Not just the number one. It aslo damaged the crank shaft

Glosflowers
Lack of oil would take out the bearings first.

If you had a piston failure, it may have been from another reason.

He said the bearing failed and shattered number 1 piston. At 80 mph I would say it can damage the crankshaft

Glosflowers
80 mph? If an arbitrator heard that, he would claim abuse of the motor and would never talk to you.

Pistons shatter for many reasons but in my 40 years, I have never heard of a bearing causing a pistons to shatter.

He called it "Isolated Bearing Failure".

Glosflowers
Lack of oil would cause all the bearings to fail. How were the mains and the other rod bearings?

"The number one rod was a material failure caused by metal fatigue and it caused the simultaneous secondary damage to the number one connecting rod and crankshaft. Continued operation after thr primary failure of the number one rod caused the number 1 connecting rod to break and compromised the engine cylinder block

Glosflowers
Page 1 of 2