- CAR SHUTS OFF AND RESTARTS WHILE DRIVING (AT ANY SPEED).

1995 Suzuki Sidekick • 89,000 miles

While driving the car shuts off and restarts. This feels like someone turned the key off and back on again. Fuel mileage has gone from good to poor. Thank you.
Rrfrow

Does it take a bump/shake to make this happen?

Fixitmr
No, I can be driving on the highway doing about 65-70Mph and it is as if someone turns the key off and then turns it back on within about 1 second.

Rrfrow
And no engine lights come on?

Fixitmr
Yes engine light is on. I have owned the car for about 2 years now and it has been on since I bought it. I Cant find anyone with OBD1 Scanner for Suzuki. Also the car will sometimes start, die out, and will not start again. I am clueless. Its getting spark tho. Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated.

Rrfrow
Regarding the fuel pump relay for 1995 Suzuki Sidekick. How many wires go to this relay and what is color code for these wires?

Rrfrow
If fuel supply was cut off it would not suddenly cut out but die slowly sputter.

Fixitmr