SE WILL NOT START : IT WAS RUNNING JUST FINE AFTER I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP BUT THEN IT BEGAN TO NOT START OCCASIONALY AFTER GOING INTO A STORE OR SOMEWHERE QUICK. WAIT A LITTLE BIT AND THEN IT WOULD START. THEN IT WOULD ONLY START FOR A FEW

1995 SAAB 900 • 140,000 miles

1995 saab 900 se will not start : it was running just fine after I replaced the fuel pump but then it began to not start occasionaly after going into a store or somewhere quick. Wait a little bit and then it would start. Then it would only start for a few seconds and die and now nothing at all. Just cranks over and won't fire.
Kgwyo

Check power to fuel pump. Check fuel pump relay. Check fuel injection relay. Make sure injectors are being pulsed. And make sure the plugs are receiving spark.

Rivermikerat
Thank you, I will post my findings soon. I will have to do a little research to learn how to check the relay and the pulsing off the injectors but I will figure it out no doubt.

Kgwyo
The relay can be checked with a test light or meter. The injectors need to be checked with a noid light. It doesn't use an incandescent bulb, light the test light does.

What size engine? I can give you a schematic for it that should help.

Rivermikerat
From the research I have done this morning it appears that there is not a fuel pump relay. According to the specifications I should have 43 psi comming from my pump and there doesnt seem to be hardly any pressure at all by depressing the guage valve thingy magigy. It is a 2.5 L V6 for reference. I am going to go buy a pressure guage for the fuel system and check that quick. I appreciate your responses.

Kgwyo
Fuel pump and fuel injection relays: see image attached. Underhood relay box.

Rivermikerat
Ok so niether of the relays are in this fuse box but I have found a cluster of relays under the dash but there is no designations of what they are. Would you by chance have access to that information? I am not sure where to look and I have already been misled once today by the internet apparently.

Kgwyo
The image I posted is of the underhood relay box as given by our resource. It shows the fuel injection and fuel pump relays. At least said it does.

Ok, I looked again. Either I clicked the wrong image link, or I don't know what. This image is of the under dash relay box. It shows the two relays. Pump relay is #8 and injection relay is #10

Rivermikerat