HEADLIGHT CANNOT BE SWITCHED OFF

1995 Proton Other • 224,500 miles

I am driving a 17 year old Proton Wira, and the light switch suddently became faulty: I cannot switch the head light off. When I turned the light switch to off position, the Instrument panel light went off, but the head light remain lighted. I pulled off 2 light fuses from the engine compartment, but the head light remain on. Eventually I had to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. An hour later, I tried a couple of times to reconnect back the battery and the light came on, i.E. The problem persist. However, the next morning, I reconnect back the battery, the problem disappeared by itself, i.E. The head light were off. What could have be the problem?
Wira

Check the headlight relays.

What's a Proton? We don't have info on this car. But see if you have relays that may be sticking those would be underhood maybe.

Hi KHLow2008 & hmac300, Thank you for your response. Will check the relay when the problem surface again.
Regards, Wira.

Wira
Hmac300, Proton is a Malaysian made car. Earlier models were in collaboration with Mitsubishi. They ended the contract some years back but have since gone back to them again. Most vehicle were of theMitsubishi Lancer range. The Galant platform were also used.

Proton owns Lotus of England but they have failed to click.

Ty kh we don't see alot of these brands here in u.S.

Nope, they are not exported to the US. Britain and some Arab countries are all we have dealings with.

Hi KHLow2008 & hmac300, problem resolved after changing the headlight relay, costing RM10, about US3. Thanks again for your professional advise. Best Regards.

Wira
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.