CHILD SAFETY LOCK

1995 Pontiac Bonneville • 3.1L V6 2WD Automatic • 86,213 miles

I can not find how to unlock the child safety door lock on my back passage door.
Lelandvan35

If the vehicle is equipped with that option, it will be on the door itself. If you can't find a button for it along the side of the door, it most likely doesn't have it.

That is not right. The car does have the child safety lock, because the other side of the car there is one.

Here is the problem, We think the lock in engaged, and the lock of the door is broken. So opening the door from the outside is not working. The door is lock, So how can I fix the door lock and open the door.

Lelandvan35
Are you able to open the door from the inside? As far as the child lock, if there is one on the other door, the one you are looking for should be located in the same location on the problem door.

If you can open the door from the inside, you need to remove the door panel and see if there is an issue with the linkage in the door. Something may have come apart or broken.