CLUTCH

1995 Nissan Truck • 2WD Manual •

I was changing out a clutch in a 1995 nissan pickup and when I took off the release bearing it was tie-wired to the lever. This cant be right is it?
Bubbadickens

Its not suppose to be tie wired

I kinda figured it wasnt suppose to be.I had borrowed a 2-jaw puller to get the old one off but when I compared the new one to it. They looked the same. What is it suppose to be pressed onto? Is there a site I can go to to look at the diagram?

Bubbadickens
CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING & LEVER
Removal
Remove transmission. See CLUTCH ASSEMBLY under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. Remove dust boot from clutch housing. Disconnect release lever return spring and retaining clips holding release bearing to lever. Remove bearing and lever as an assembly through front of clutch housing. Remove bearing from collar using puller.
Installation
Assemble bearing onto inner sleeve using a press. Do not apply pressure to outer race. Apply molybdenum grease to inside surface of bearing collar, release bearing contact points, release bearing, ball pin in clutch housing and ball contact points on release lever. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure.

Didnt help but thanks for the reply.

Bubbadickens