CAR RUNS FINE THEN STARTS TO SPUTTER A BIT AND STALLS

1995 Nissan Altima • 200,000 miles

Time varies sometimes it takes 5 mins other times it takes 40.

The car runs fine, Other than the described problem.
I replaced the Fuel filter(a lot of dirt came back out of it), The distributor cap(It had a crack in it). I was thinking to replace the ignition coil.

It seems to run fine, drives smooth no missing or roughness, UNTIL whatever happens it starts to sputter and hesitate a bit then shuts off I still have power(battery is new also even cleaned off the corrosion) just the engine seems to shut off. It seems to not shut off sometimes when I mash the gas but its only a temporary thing adds a few mins till it happens again.

I took the tubes off the fuel filter and turned my key (not on but turned to start fuel pump) and gas came out so I don't think it's my fuel pump, Though I don't know It could be I'm far from knowledgeable on cars. I've put dry gas in my tank and fuel injection cleaners in my tank in-case it was dirty gas or water in the tank nothing seems to fix it.
Bbc_joey

I also ran the car alot after I changed the filter to make sure the dirt was outta the lines.

Bbc_joey
Check the spark plugs. If they are sooty, you could hae a fault with the ECT.
Have you checked for trouble codes?

I don't have a way to get the codes, The auto stores around here have computers that hook up to 96 and up nothing for 95. The spark plugs seem to be firing I help them against the motor and could hear them firing, they were dirty themselves around the outside a lil bit as for inside I didn't look.

Bbc_joey
Code 325 I think. Had to have GF watch the lights blink since the CHeck engine light blinks and the screw was on the floor.

I think thats the knock sensor? What is my next step?

Bbc_joey
Yes, for Nissan any problem with the knock sensor can rsult in hesitation. It also commonly fails and you need to replace it to rectify.