LIFTER TICKING ALL RPM AND LOW SPEED HESITSTION

1995 Mercury Tracer • 60,000 miles

The car sat for a year changed oil and have driven 50 miles or more it still ticks its a very low milage car for the year can it be fixed without tearing the top end apart I am skilled enough to do the job but if I don't have to tear apart I would be very happy I am in this car cheap and its mint want to keep profit high if possible thanks
Bobhillier

Most likely you will have to replace the lifters. They are varnished and frozen from your description.

That's the thing it is clean enough to eat off of I wouldn't but everything is like new and only 60,000 miles also it didn't do it when I first drove it just started and the hesitating also just started

Bobhillier
Lots of issues with the lifters in this motor. Remove them and check them for varnishing.

That's what I needed to know do u think mmo will clean them up without removing them if not I will just take them out and check also can they be cleaned or just replaced if they r tarnished thank u for the help Bob

Bobhillier
Nope, they would have to be removed. It would be a good idea to replace them if you have them out.