NO HEAT URGENT

1995 Mercury Marquis • V8 •

Have no heat in a 95 grand marquis, replaced thermostat, plenty of coolant, made sure blend door works, there is no heater valve in this yr all hoses and heater core are hot. Baffled?
Wranglertj84

If both heater core hoses are hot, then the heater core is hot too. THe only thing left is the blend door. Are you sure it is working properly?

The door is at the front of the heater core inside cab right? If so then as I play with the controls I watch the door open and close as need?

Wranglertj84
Actualy, the blend door is covered. You shouldn't be able to see it without removing cover. I believe the door you are refering to is the fresh air door / recirculate door.

Ohhh ok, so then the only way to find out if that works or not is by pulling the dash back so just replacing it then while im in there makes the most sense to me I guess

Wranglertj84
I would only replace it if it is bad.

How would I actually know if it were bad though?

Wranglertj84
It wouln't move when you go from cold to hot settings.

Ok, Now the other issue is to just find a warm garage to do the work. Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated since I went to a local ford dealer and they wouldn't even let me talk to a service tech!

Wranglertj84