WHY WONT THE CAR TURN OVER

1995 Mercury Cougar • 14,900 miles

Okay the car was dead so I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem well still nothing so I started troubleshooting electrical all fuses okay I jumped out the starter it came on but did not turn the car over okay I picked up a new starter removed the old one found chipps on the teeth on the fly wheel I installed starter wired back up turned key on and nothing I got my meter had my wife turn the key on and not getting voltage to the solinoid do I have a electrical or mechanical problem or both and could the fly wheel be pissed Bach some how it seems the starter is not catching it
Deloerasam6427

The flywheel has nothing to do with starter not cranking. The starting circuit has a problem and some testing is required.
Is this a manual or automatic transmission?
Is the security light (if equipped) blinking in dash?

Its automatic u think there's a problem with the ignition controlled mod or the switch

Deloerasam6427
Is engine 3.8 L or 4.6L?
Is security system factory or after market?

Thinking and guessing don't solve problems. Diagnosis is required and the correct information is necessary to get uson the right track.