MY CAR WONT START BUT IT WILL CRANK IT JUST WILL NOT STAY STARTED

1995 Lincoln Continental • 170,000 miles

One night out of no where my car would not start. It took me about 20 minutes to finally get it started. And I had to start it and very quickly put it in gear and slammed on the gas. But now it will not even let me do that. My car will start and as soon as it idol down it would die, or I will start it and try and rev it up and it dies again. A mechanic told me he believed I needed a fuel pump so I put a fuel pump and a fuel filter on my car and it worked good for 2 days and it was doing it again. But if I have over a half a tank in gas it is easier to start and usually stays started. My car also is missing so I plan on putting new spark plugs on it. Do you think it will start then.
Cctravis1102

You sound like you have several issues here. You need to have the fuel pressure checked. You need to have the plugs and coils checked. There are other things like the iac valve that could be failing as well.

Instead of throwing parts at it, get it checked from a real tech and let them tell you the real failure.