OVERHEATING PROBLEM

1995 Lexus GS 300 • 230 miles

My brother has a 95 lexus gs300 for some reason his radiator hoses are getting swollen all the time had to replace the top hose today it burst. He thinks its the thermostat idk tell me what u think
Moneysam

Is the engine actually overheating?I could have just been a old hose that got weak over time?

The fact that it is overheating is a problem. You have a problem that needs to be resolved and from this hot condition, the pressure rises and the hoses cannot take it. You may have blown a head gasket and compression in the cooling system may be expanding the hoses.

Ok the temprature gauge isnt workin but when it gets hot the water boils in the overflow also

Moneysam
How long has it been overheating?

I want to know if u have the procedure to change the temperature sensor

Moneysam
I checked da oil and there is no water mixing with the oil but I know that still doesnt mean the head gasket isnt blown.

Moneysam
But we wanna at least get the temp sensor and gauge workin so we can see what the temperature gauge is sayin

Moneysam
There you go.

Its been doin that for a while he said usually when he run da ac but I told him to stop runni n it all together

Moneysam
So is the radiator fan coming on like its supposed too?

Page 1 of 2