START MY ES300 FOR ME!

1995 Lexus ES 300

I just bought a 95 lexus es300 and replaced the timing belt, camshaft position sensor, and some plugs. We also charged the battery and it still won't start but when you take 1 out of the 5 spark plugs out it starts can you help us please
Jade0420

Was engine running before replacement of the timing belt?

Any specific spark plug was removed to enable starting? Does it srat if any other spark plug was removed?

No it wasnt running because the guy that sold it to me said it just needed a timing belt. My friend the one working on it ans at this point I dont know if its him and his lack of knowledge of cars or if its just the car. Let me ask him about the spark plugs.

Jade0420
Have a compression test done. Ensure the timing belt had been installed correctly.

Is that something we can do out of his garage because the car doesnt start so I cant drive it anywhere

Jade0420
It can be done as the compression test requires the sparkplugs to bnbe removed and you have even replaced the timing belt s checking the timing belt installation should be easier than that.

Does your mechanic have the timing marks references and is he sure of the job? It could be a fault with the timing belt installation and if the original belt was not broken, it could have been timed out of specs and if your mechanic follow the same references, it is not going to work.