POWER STEERING LEAK

1995 Lexus ES 300 • 234 miles

I need a step by step on how to change power steering pressure lines and the power steering pump bad leak.
Moneysam

POWER STEERING PUMP

Removal & Installation
Remove right front fender apron. Disconnect right tie rod end. Remove drive belt. Using Power Steering Hose Nut Wrench (09631-00020), disconnect pressure line. Remove pump mounting bolt and nut. Remove pump. To install, reverse removal procedure.

Moneysam
What size wrench do I need for the power steering hose? A line wrench?

Moneysam
Sorry-no size on the wrench or type not specified in Mit1

14 and 17 mm pipe wrench is required. 10 and/or 12 mm for removing bolts holding the line clamps.

Hey a while bk ago I planned to get a scantool because my engine light was on I took it to a friend who has a shop and he said the computer wouldnt communicate with his scantool. So I just got a new scantool today and hooked it up and it said, computer not responding 3 times I tryed it 3 times and on da 3rd time it said contact technical support.

Moneysam
I believe you only have a code reader and it might not be compatible with your vehicle.

SCAN TESTER PROBLEMS

DLC NO. 3 INSPECTION

1. If scan tester displays UNABLE TO CONNECT TO VEHICLE when scan tester is connected, try scan tester on another vehicle. If scan tester operates on another vehicle, go to next step. If scan tester does not operate on another vehicle, problem is probably with scan tester.

2. Check DLC No. 3 for loose or damaged terminals. Ensure DLC No. 3 terminals are in correct position in connector. Repair as necessary. If connector and terminals are okay, go to next step.

3. Check voltage and resistance between ground and specified terminal on DLC No. 3. See DLC NO. 3 VOLTAGE & RESISTANCE SPECIFICATIONS table. See Fig. 2. If voltage and resistance readings are not as specified, check wiring circuit.

NOTE: Terminal No. 2 on DLC No. 3 provides the pulse generation
during the information transmission from the Engine Control Module (ECM).

You can try manual code retrieval by bridging terminal 4 and 13 and turning ignition on to check the blinking code of the MIL.

I called innova equus the manufacturer and they said they didnt have a scantool that was compatible with my car and told me to call spx otc and they said the cheapest scantool that would be compatible with my car is $1000.

Moneysam
That is what I thought.

Try the manual retrieval method.