OIL PAN GASKET CHANGE

1995 Lexus ES 300 • 234 miles

Hey you guys I would like a step by step on the oil pan gasket change on my car
Moneysam

On models with audio anti-theft code, refer to Technician Safety Information for code procedures. On models with air bag system, disarm airbag system as outlined under Technician Safety Information.
Drain engine oil and remove oil dipstick.
Remove timing belt and pulleys as outlined under Timing Belt.
Disconnect crankshaft position sensor electrical connector, engine wiring from clamp and alternator electrical connector.
Remove alternator wire attaching nut and disconnect, then the engine wire from three clamps.
Remove six No. 3 timing belt cover attaching bolts, then the cover.
Remove alternator and crankshaft position sensor.
Remove four oil hole cover plates.
Remove A/C compressor drive belt. Disconnect electrical connector. Remove compressor, do not disconnect hoses, then position assembly aside.
Remove A/C compressor housing bracket.
Remove front exhaust pipe and bracket.
Remove flywheel housing undercover.
Remove two No. 1 oil pan to transaxle attaching bolts.
Remove No. 2 oil pan attaching bolt, then using suitable blade between No. 1 and No. 2 oil pans, cut off sealer and remove No. 2 oil pan.
Remove oil strainer.
Remove remaining No. 1 oil pan attaching bolts, then using suitable screwdriver pry downward on oil pan to remove.
Remove oil baffle plate, then the oil pump with O-ring.
Reverse procedure to install noting torque where applicable. Reset audio anti-theft system, if necessary, as outlined under Technician Safety Information. On models with air bag system, rearm airbag system as outlined under Technician

Why would you want to do that? Oil pan uses liquid gaskets and the chances of it leaking is almost zero.

I got a oil leak and it looks like its coming from the oil pan gasket

Moneysam
Wash down and check for possible front or rear seal leak first.

Mhpautos
Yes, I believe is is from the seals rather then the oil pan. Any leakages from the top, valve cover gasket, or rings of sensors etc can also result in leaks getting to the oil pan and that being the lowest point would accumulate the oil and look as if it is the one leaking.

I would say you would be wasting your time doing the oil pan.

Well I found it was the oil pan gasket that was leaking after jacking my car up and paying attention to the drops of oil, I changed the gasket, scraped both surfaces clean put sealant
On both sides of gasket after letting it dry to the oil pan mating surface got all bolts tight
Thing is one bolt pop off due to over torquing wantd to know would that b a big problem

Moneysam
Won't be a big problem but you stand the chances of it leaking

Ok

Moneysam