HI! JUST REPLACED CV AXLE ON 95 LAREDO V8 5.2 4WD.

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

AFTER REPLACING cv axle I HAVE A CLATTERING GRINDING NOISE WHEN TURNING BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT, MORE SO WHEN BRAKING AROUND CORNERS. ALSO GRINDING WHEN I BRAKE. THOUGHT MAYBE WHEEL BERRING? BUT WOULD THAT CAUSE THE BRAKES TO GRIND ALSO?
Aleisha

First check the front brake heat shields and make sure they have good clearance away from the rotor. It does not take a lot to make them scrape the rotor and then they only get worse. Remember when you pull them in one place they bend in another, so they can take some time to get straight.
Look for marks in your rotors to lead you to the source of the grinding wheter it is the heat shields or not.
If it does not appear to be the heat shiels, grab the hub witht the wheel off and the axle out and turn the bearing to make sure it moves smoothly and freely.

IF YOUR CV WAS INSTALLED BY A REPUTABLE SHOP

YOU MIGHT HAVE THEM (RE-)INSPECT THEIR CV INSTALLATION

NO SENSE IN YOU FIXING A FLAW, IF ITS SOMETHING THEY MAY HAVE LET SLIP BY. ESPECIALLY IF YOU LACK THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT SHOULD BE INSTALLED