LOSE OF POWER AND WHITE SMOKE

1995 Hyundai Accent

My car has a loss of power when im driveing, it doesnt matter if its up or down hill or going straight. It also smokes when I start it and while im driveing. The smoke is white and smells like gass. Could these problems be caused by bad valve stem seals or is it something less harsh.
Samuelconley1234

Actually, white smoke usually indicates coolant is getting into the combustion chamber. Most commonly, the cause is a bad head gasket or intake gasket. Check to make sure coolant isn't leaking into the motor oil. Also, check to make sure oil isn't mixing with the coolant. If both appear okay, check the engine compression to see if there is a weak cylinder which could suggest a bad head gasket.

Could be a blownhead gasket-

Depending on the year I would have my doubts of it being a head gasket seeing the majority of the elantras use a steel gasket.

Reef1983