95 MOD SWING: HOW DO I DRAIN THE RADIATOR TO FLUSH AND REPLACE COOLANT

1995 Holden Barina • 228,000 miles

I can not find a drian plug and both hoses are on top half of radiator
Darrentex

Un most if not all Ford/Holden engines, the drain is accessed by removing the black plastis sheild under the front of the car, this will expose the draincock on the bottom of the radiator.

Merlin2021
I have removed plasics bumper and bash plate (plactic) no visiabe drain but did locate 2 sensor plugs my guess is either low water or thermo didnt touch them any ideas? Ps the vry bottom of radiator is bolted to a steel cross peice no accsess to bottom of radiator

Darrentex
Look for Mhpauto he is our Holden guy from down under, I will contact him and see if he knows.

Merlin2021
Chears

Darrentex
Depending on who made the radiator there will be a round drain plug on the L/H side looking from the front, otherwise you can remove the sensor, often the sensor is the easiest to remove, either is not a problem, just use a dab of pipe sealant on the thread and let it go off for about 1/2 hr befor adding coolant, make sure that you flush out the heater core as well.

Mhpautos