GMC SIERRA ENGINE PROBLEM

1995 GMC Sierra • 200,000 miles

I have an automatic GMC year 95 with an 8 cylinder engine. I thought my tranny was out because it would not shift into or past 3. So we got a new tranny, but now the p[roblem seems worse. It starts in 2 and will not shift out of 2. We've checked the fluids, do you think it could be an electrical problem
Blowther

It is either electrical or the shift linkage is bent and not putting the transmission exactly in drive. This will cause a lot of problems. Have the trouble codes pulled to check for electrical issues, any Advance Auto ro Auto Zone will do this for free.
Also, take it to a tranmission repair shop if you decide totake it somewhere as regualr shops don't have the expertise nor speciall toool s to work on automatic tranmisssions. That is why you see speciallty shops. They are difficult to diagnose and work on.