FORD TAURUS RADIATOR PROBLEM

1995 Ford Taurus • 180,000 miles

Am looking to purchase, this weekend, a 1995 Ford Taurus with 180000 and was told by previous owner that car could not pass inspection because of a rotted out radiator support but otherweise the car runs good. Trying to determine what kind of a repair job, major or not worth it, replacing the radiator support isand what it entails, and approximately what cost I am looking at. Also would like to know if the rotted out radiator support is a safety issue. I would like to be able to get some information on this before I make the decision of purchase or not purchase. Thank you.

I wouldn't buy that car even if it had a good radiator support those cars are known for head/head gaskets issues and transmission issues to say the least. Are you still intrested in getting info on the radiator support.

Yes I would still be interested in the radiator support information because at this point I cannot afford another car and need to get something that can take me back and forth to work for a limited period of time when I can have more money to buy a better used car.

Would appreciate your advice on the radiator support.

Shebaprin
Which engine do you have?

Hi. Was told by the curent owner that it is 3.0 6 cylinder.

Awaiting your reply

Shebaprin
So the core support your talking about is on the bottom of the radaitor or the top of it?SO far I cant find any info on changing it in my online repair info. It might be welded in or bolted cant find any info so far to see which it is or how they say to change it.

I believe it is on the bottom of the radiator. Looked up 1995 Ford Taurus Radiator Support and see what the piece looks like but am still wondering how labor intensive a job this is and how costly it is. If you can help with any information would be great.

Shebaprin
You would have to remove the radiator but if its welded in it will be more challenging for sure if its bolted in it will be a lot easier.