I JUST PUT IN A NEW FUEL PUMP IN A 95 BUT THE CAR WONT CRANK UP WHATS WRONG WITH THE CAR?

1995 Ford Mustang • 120,000 miles

I just put in a new fuel pump in a 95 ford mustang but the car wont crank up whats wrong with the car?
Maserati

So did you have no fuel pressure when you replaced the pump?Do have spark?What is your fuel pressure now?

I dont know the fuel pressure but I do have spark in the spark plugs. It turns over for about 2 mins then it just shut off.

Maserati
So it runs for a couple mins then shuts off?Will it restart after shutting off or do you have to wait before it will restart?Why did you replace the fuel pump?

It will not restart after shutting off. I replaced it because I had a gas leak and you can smell it threw the whole car.

Maserati
So it runs normal then shuts off and wont restart?When it doesnt start it has a nice blue spark?Also need to see what the actual fuel pressure is when it wont start?Any codes in the computer?

See if it runs on either?

Cadieman
I aint seen any codes and the spark was blue but I dont know how to check the pressure I just started learning

Maserati
What is either?

Maserati
Thats starting fluid or you could use carb spray to prime it to see if it starts on that. You can rent a pressure gauge at auto zone. To check pressure you just follow the fuel line up to the injector rail there will be a threaded nipple. Thats where you screw the pressure gauge on. Then start it and wait for it to die and see what the pressure reads when it wont start.

Did you ever check for codes?