ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY MY CAR RUNS AND IDLES ROUGH (LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A CAM BUT ITS STOCK)

1995 Ford Mustang • 88,095 miles

I have a 95 5.0 mustang gt. It has been giving me problems recently. Once it gets warmed up, the car idles and runs extremely rough, almost as if it has a cam in it, even though the car is completely stock for the most part. When the car is warmed up and you go to give it gas, there is an intermittent shutter and usually hesitation. There is even times when the car shakes and will not let you go over 2500 rpm. Then if you let off and punch it, it will temporarily clear up, only to do it again a minute or so later. I have also noticed that under hard acceleration that it jerks and the tach will jump. We have deleted the cats, added flowmaster dual exhaust, replaced the distributor and cap, ignition, done a vacuum test, replaced plugs and plug wires, replaced throttle body, replaced tranny fluid and filter, and replaced all of the O2 sensors; just to name a few things. Hooked up the obd1 reader and it said bank 1 ran lean. The car is getting to be a pain. I love it wholeheartedly and just want to get her back on the road again running well.
F8lbitemustang

Did you do a compression test? What is the fuel pressure?

I picked up a fuel pressure gauge and tested and got 31 psi and with it running. When I would revv it, it would jump to 41. Also I pulled the vac line off the egr and there was no change. I also replaced the electric coolant temperature sensor

F8lbitemustang
41 is what it should be all the time. If the egr is stuck, removing the hose will do nothing. It needs to be removed and inspected for being open.

Pulled it and checked it. Put my mouth on vaccuum line and sucked air till diaphragm moved in and held it and it stayed until I let off. It didnt appear to be carboned up.

F8lbitemustang
Once again, you cannot tell if it is seated without removing it and inspecting it for complete closing.