DODGE VAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1995 Dodge Van • 239,000 miles

When I turn the ignition to "on" only the oil light illuminates and no other. When I start the van it goes off and pressure is good and steady. I searched this site and the internet for an answer and finding none put it to ya'll. Thanks a bunch. Richard

First check the fuses under the hood. This happened on mine and the most rearward one closest to the engine was corroded apart. The Body Computer can cause the dash to be dead too.

Thanks caradiodoc. Yes, I've checked the fuses under the hood and in glove box. All appear o.K. What's odd is it is only the oil light. My check engine light is the only other light that comes on and I am working to solve these codes 22 and 45, but the 2 don't seem like they could be connected. Richard

Ldinbigd
22 is low voltage from the coolant temperature sensor. That signal wire would have to be grounded or the two wires are touching.

45 has to do with an over-boost condition from the turbocharger. I forgot to ask if you have a Caravan minivan, like mine, or the full-size "B" van. The full-size vans never had turbos.

I have a b2500. That's what throws me about the 45 as there is no turbo. Thanks for the tip on 22. Richard

Ldinbigd