FUEL INJECTION ?

1995 Dodge Spirit • 135,000 miles

1995 dodge spirit v6, start in morning fine, after warming shut off start after 15 min runs rough engine check light on code 27
Mbird127

27** Injector control circuit Injector output driver does not respond properly to the control signal.

You're going to have to do some testing during the period of the failure to determine the cause. I would also check to see if you're losing spark at the same time.

Wrenchtech
OK, what would I need to check it? I have some knowledge on cars.

Mbird127
You need a computer safe test light (diode only) and determine whether it's power supply or pulsing ground that is missing. Check the spark also.

Wrenchtech
I found the bad injector. Is there a step by step instruction on how to change it? It's hard to get too.

Mbird127
No, there isn't. I can't even find any pictures of it. It's pretty self explanatory. The fuel rail has to be removed to get the injectors out. Keep the O-rings clean.

Wrenchtech