. CHECKED ALL FUSES AN THERE GOOD. TRIED JUMPING THE CAR, STILL NOTHING. CHECKED FUEL PUMP, THATS GOOD. CAR IS GETTING GAS. ? COULD IT BE THE CRANK SHAFT SENSOR. ENGINE LIGHT IS NOT ON.

1995 Dodge Neon • 117,000 miles

Checked all fuses an there good. Tried jumping the car, still nothing. Checked fuel pump, thats good. Car is getting gas. Battery, an starter are good. Only getting spark to 2 plugs. Checked coil pack with a new one still nothing. Checked fuel pump, thats good. Battery, an starter are good. Could it be the crank sensor, if sooo how do I check it?
Mdtester

I HAVE A '95 NEON TOO, 'LIL RED, WE CALL HIM!---GAVE $250 FOR HIM---30 MPG, A/C.'BOUT 6 YEARS AGO----PREVIOUS OWNER HAD A ISSUE THEY COULD NOT FIGURE OUT. HE HAS BEEN OUR "SPARE"

THIS MAY NOT HELP--BUT HAPPENED TO ME

IMMA JEEP CJ GUY--THIS NEW STUFF IS A OVERBLOWN TRIP TO WORK ON---TOO MANY GADGETS AND TOO MAY FAIL SAFES----THE DRIVER SHOULD "THINK" LIKE IT USED TO BE. AND A PROBLEM SHOULD BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE. NOT 25 SENSORS ACTING UPON EACH OTHER, SHOWING SYMPTOMS EZily FIXED ON A OLDER RIG. NOT NO MORE!)

1ST IF YOU HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, GET IT CODED BEFORE YOU REMOVE A BATTERY CABLE AND ERASE THEM

MY ISSUE WAS A "REMOVABLE-CARD?" BELOW AND RIGHT OF THE STEERING WHEEL, ON THE LOWER DASH---NO CLUE WHAT IT'S FOR, OTHER THAN KEEPING THE TEENAGERS FROM DRIVING

I HAD NO CLUE IT WAS THERE, WHILE CLEANING I KNOCKED IT OUT INTO THE FLOOR.

WOULD DO EVERYTHING BUT "BUST OFF"!

BEFORE I GOT INTO TEARING EVERYTHING APART--I FOUND THE PROBLEM, PUT IT BACK---IT ALSO WILL GO IN BACKWARDS AND NOT WORK!---SO BE AWARE!

ONE DAY I WILL TAKE A PIC OF IT

GOOD LUCK!

LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING--OTHERS MAY JUMP IN!

No check engine light. Cant find where there card would be your talking about. We are replacing the cam sensor right now. Napa auto said car wont start if thats bad, but if its the crank sensor it will start but not for long.

Mdtester
LAST WINTER (AT IT'S WORST) WE HAD 2 DOWN

FORD ESCAPE W/ AUTO TRANNY BEING REBUILT (WIFE'S RIG)

"MR. JEEP" ('77 CJ 5) BROKEN TRANSFER CASE'-CASE

I HAD TO GO RUN DOWN MY HARD TOP, AND REMOTE HEATER FOR "WILLY" ('46 WILLYS), IN THE WOODS AT MY MOM'S HOUSE.30 MILES AWAY--ABOUT 10 DEGREES OUTSIDE. SUMMER MILITARY SOFT TOP--NO DOORS-NO SIDES, THEN HAD TO HAUL IT ALL THE WAY BACK IN MY ARMY TRAILER--I HAD TO MODIFY IT FOR IT TO FIT OVER MY SUMMER TOP HARDWARE.I WAS A POP-SICKLE

WILLY LIVES IN THE GARAGE (NORMALLY W/ SUMMER TOP)

THIS WAS THE 1ST TIME "'LIL RED" GOT TO SLEEP INSIDE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS WHILE I GOT THE OTHER TWO STRAIGHTENED OUT

IF YOU NEED ANY WIRE DIAGRAMS--I HAVE COPIED ALL FOR 'LIL RED FROM "MITCHELL I" (ONLINE REPAIR MANUALS, WE HAVE ACCESS TO), AND THEY ARE ALREADY DOWNLOADED ONTO MY CYBER BOX

No go on the cam sensors any ideas?

Mdtester
ROGER--WAS POSTING WHEN YOU SENT YOUR LAST

KEEP US INFORMED

I WILL FIND ANOTHER EXPERT, FOR YOU, IF NEED BE

OK STANDBY

LEAVING A MESSAGE FOR J&N

DON'T GO TEARING INTO A BUNCH OF STUFF--THIS MAY BE EZ

HE SHOULD BE HOME. DON'T RUN OFF!

Still no luck, doesn't sound like its getting spark.

Mdtester
'BOUT ALL I CAN DO IS THROW YOU SOME DIAGRAMS, TILL HE GETS HERE---AS YOU SEE, I'M A JEEP KINDA GUY!

MAYBE SOMETHING WILL "CLICK"---LET ME KNOW IF YOU CANNOT SEE THEM--I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE ON SITE TILL THEY GET THERE. POSTING A FEW NOW. LOOKING FOR OTHERS THAT MAY BE RELEVANT. THE LAST 2 DIAGRAMS ARE GROUNDS, ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE "NEWER CAR THINGS"---OLD ONES HAD 2 OR 3!

You mentioned that it sounds like it isn't getting spark. Have you checked? And yes, it could be a crank sensor.

If it is getting spark, check compression. Valve issues are a common problem with these.