CHEVROLET VAN SENSOR PROBLEM

1995 Chevrolet Van • 160,000 miles

I JUST DONATED-MY QUESTION IS A FOLLOW UP OF PREVIOUS QUESTION-95 CHEVY G20 VAN 350K TBI, VAN WILL ONLY START IF ACCELERATOR TO FLOOR, BLACK SMOKE FROM TAILPIPE, NO POWER, DIES IF ATTEMPT TO DRIVE. I HAVE REPLACED PLUGS(BLACK FROM TOO MUCH FUEL) WIRES, FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, CAP & ROTOR.I CAN HEAR FUEL PUMP BUILD UP PRESSURE WHEN KEY IS TURNED ON(INJECTORS NOT LEAKING), NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON, NO FUSES BAD, NO AIR INTAKE RESTRICTION. CAN I UNHOOK EXHAUST FROM EXHAUST MANIFOLD TO CHECK CAT CONVERTOR OR IS THERE SOME CHOKE MECHANISM ON TBI THATS STICKING OR SENSOR THATS CAUSING EXCESS FUEL TO ENGINE. I CAN'T DRIVE VAN TO GET SOMEWHERE TO DO DIAGNOSTICS BECAUSE IT DIES WHEN ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE. THANKS IN ADVANCE-SK
Skriegs

You're going to need a scan tool to get anywhere with this. You need to be able to look at all the sensor data for something out of parameter.

Coolant temp sensors, MAP/MAF sensors, ruptured pressure regulators are high on the suspect list.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for answer-I'm having trouble renting scan tool for 95 chevy van since this is not OBII system for this year. Auto parts stores seem to only have OBII scan tools. Thanks again

Skriegs
It gets worse. 95 is a transition year and you have a hybrid of OBD1 and OBD2 and you are going to need a professional scan tool for that one.

Wrenchtech