WHY WONT MY TRUCK START

1995 Chevrolet Suburban

Previous owner said it was running fine then it just shit down like someone had turned the key off its a 6.5 turbo diesel k2500 suburban it has good fuel no air in the lines a remote mounted fuel driver module (pmd) has fuel to the injectors but will not start im not familiar with this engine so any help will be greatly appreciated
Truckfarmer

How cold is it? Glow plugs working?

Fixitmr
Its 80 degrees out I live in the Oklahoma panhandle haven't checked glow plugs yet but will today or tomorrow any other ideas in the mean time?

Truckfarmer
Would the glows plugs not working just make it die like that tho ugh I've heard lots of talk about the pmd quiting on these engines

Truckfarmer
The governor ring in the injector pump is a common failure. You can try removing the return line check valve and see if it has metal shavings in the valve. If there is, clean them out put it back together and see if it starts. It may if the valve is clogged.

Ok thanks ill try that tomorrow and see what I can find gotta work late so wont get to mess with it tonite

Truckfarmer
Get back to us

Will do thank you very much for ur input ill let you know what it looks like when I get a chance to check it out

Truckfarmer
Does CEL work? Any codes?

Fixitmr
What is the cel and where is it located

Truckfarmer
Early system and not much info on the line.

Injector pump is real common on these old units. Governor rings were failing on the old stanadyne pumps left and right.

Page 1 of 4