I PUT THE KEY IN AND IT WONT TURN

1995 Chevrolet Silverado • 210,789 miles

My ignition tumbler wont unlock also my steering is locked. How can I remove the tumbler if I cant turn the ignition tumbler I******* on the wheel that didnt work. I tried to move the shift that didnt work either. It is in park I parked and turned off the key.
D williams

DO YOU HAVE A SPARE KEY YOU CAN TRY?

YES, I KNOW THAT'S A STUPID QUESTION

SOME PEOPLE GET REALLY FOCUSED AND FORGET

Yes it doesnt work either

D williams
HOW 'BOUT SOME WD-40 OR PENETRATING OIL IN THE HOLE?

I RECKON I SHOULDA SUGGESTED THAT 1ST TIME

USE THE BEST KEY YOU HAVE, THE ONE WITH THE LEAST WEAR

AFTER YOU SOAK IT DOWN PUSH THE KEY IN AND OUT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU TRY TO TURN IT

KEEP ME POSTED--I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR BETTER INFO

BY THE WAY---MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thanks and same to u. If that doesn't work how can I change the tumbler if I can't turn the switch

D williams
I tapped the tumbler housing and the ignition turned. Also I found out that all u have to do is remove the top cover and use the hole on the tumbler housing to remove it. U still have to disable the airbag though. And u dont have to remove the steering wheel unless u dont have a key.

D williams
THE VIDEOS HELP OR DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR END?

GLAD YOU GOT IT ANYWAY!

Well the video I found where some guys did an ignition when the steering wheel was out of the vehicle. Second I discovered tapping it on this site.

D williams