TRYING TO DIAGNOS AND REPAIR INTERMITENT START PROBLEM?

1995 Chevrolet S-10 • 150,000 miles

95 chevy s-10 blazer 4dr 4x4 w/4.3 automatic w/overdrive. Recently bought has had starting issues, when key is turned to on position the dash lights don't always come on, when the lights do not come on, starter turns over, but will not start. When dashlight come on before start, vehical starts and runs fine. But abs, brake and check engine lights stay on. Abs computer was not hooked up at time purchased and was reciently plugged in. Ingition modual seems to be working correctly, but computer will not connect for a diagnoses. I believed that this is a damage/ corrupt computer, just want to make sure before replacing the computer @ $200.00.
Carni

Check all fuses as blown fuse can cause data port not to function.

Fixitmr
I got told check fuses, ok probably the most terrible advise I have ever got from anyone. Please read question throughly before answering. The fuses have been good the whole time.

Carni
You may have a bad computer. Have you checked the ignition switch? I wonder if it is going bad.